No matter where you are in life, it’s never too late to make better health choices. All you need is a goal, a plan and the desire to live better.
You can achieve excellent cardiovascular health by keeping seven factors in check.
They’re known as Life’s Simple 7:
1. Don’t smoke cigarettes or use other tobacco products.
2. Keep a healthy body weight (body mass index less than 25 kg/m).
3. Get at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity physical activity or 75 minutes of vigorous-intensity activity (or a combination) each week.
4. Eat a healthy diet consistent with current recommendations from the American Heart Association.
5. Keep total cholesterol less than 200 mg/dL.
6. Keep blood pressure below 120/80 mm Hg.
7. Keep fasting blood glucose less than 100 mg/dL.
Get your personal heart score and a custom plan with the seven steps you need to start living your best life. Visit www.heart.org/mylifecheck to start your new life resolution.
Remember start small and keep it simple. Make one change at a time and before you know it you will have stopped making poor health choices.